Sunday 13 July 2014

RENEWING MALAYSIAN PASSPORT~

Hi there. Has been a long time since I last updated due to hectic A- Level preparation. Now that I'm done with that, and have nothing else to do, I decided to share on how to renew your passport (I did them several days ago). I really hope it can help you guys out.

Firstly, I went to the the bus station in Kajang. Here's the address. Lot 3-60, Tingkat 3, Kompleks Perhentian Kajang, Jalan Reko, 43000 Kajang, Selangor. You can google map them to find your way there. In case you're living far from here, just go to any immigration office near you.

What to do:

1. Take your number. From the door, the counter is on the right. (Don't worry. It has a big sign on top of the counter. You won't miss it). There, they'll ask for your IC and old passport. Give them both and they'll give you a form to fill in.

2. They'll call your number and just do what the officer tells you to. Basically, it's just rechecking the info on your passport and fingerprint check. Plus you take your new picture there. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE A PASSPORT PHOTO BEFOREHAND. I didn't know it before so it's a waste of money (I paid RM 10 for that). However, I'm not so sure about other offices, but I think that they'll take your photos there. It's up to you. If you wanna play safe, then just take the picture early (I heard that the place in Hartamas require the passport photos with white background)

3. Pay. They'll call your number to pay in another counter. The fees are RM 100 for 2 years and RM 300 for 5 years.

4. Pick up your passport. You have to wait for your passport to finish. In my case, coz there wasn't many people at that time, so I guess I had to wait for about 10-15 minutes. Remember, GO EARLY. Just in case. You don't want to wait for hours right?

That's about it. The office in Kajang was so efficient and I'm pleased with their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment